Friday, May 11, 2012


Best  says and good quotes
“My song has put off  her adornments.
She has no pride of dress and decoration.
Ornaments would mar our union; they would come
between thee and me; their jingling would drown thy whispers.
My poet's vanity dies in shame before thy sight.
O master poet, I have sat down at thy feet.
Only let me make my life simple and straight,
like a flute of reed for thee to fill with music”
“Forgive me my weariness O Lord
Should I ever lag behind
For this heart that this day trembles so
And for this pain, forgive me, forgive me, O Lord
For this weakness, forgive me O Lord,
If perchance I cast a look behind
And in the day's heat and under the burning sun
The garland on the platter of offering wilts,
For its dull pallor, forgive me, forgive me O Lord”
“So I repeat we never can have a true view of man unless we have a love for him. Civilization must be judged and prized, not by the amount of power it has developed, but by how much it has evolved and given expression to, by its laws and institutions, the love of humanity.”
“The time that my journey takes is long and the way of it long.
I came out on the chariot of the first gleam of light, and pursued my voyage through the wildernesses of worlds leaving my track on many a star and planet.
It is the most distant course that comes nearest to thyself, and that training is the most intricate which leads to the utter simplicity of a tune.
The traveler has to knock at every alien door to come to his own, and one has to wander through all the outer worlds to reach the innermost shrine at the end.
My eyes strayed far and wide before I shut them and said 'Here art thou!'
The question and the cry 'Oh, where?' melt into tears of a thousand streams and deluge the world with the flood of the assurance 'I am!'”
“Who are you, reader, reading my poems an hundred years hence?
I cannot send you one single flower from this wealth of the spring, one single streak of gold from yonder clouds.
Open your doors and look abroad.
From your blossoming garden gather fragrant memories of the vanished flowers of an hundred years before.
In the joy of your heart may you feel the living joy that sang one spring morning, sending its glad voice across an hundred years?”

NICE QUOTES
v A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it.
v Age considers; youth ventures.
v Beauty is truth's smile when she beholds her own face in a perfect mirror.
v Bigotry tries to keep truth safe in its hand with a grip that kills it.
v By plucking her petals, you do not gather the beauty of the flower.
v Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.
v Death is not extinguishing the light; it is only putting out the lamp because the dawn has come.
v Depth of friendship does not depend on length of acquaintance.
v Do not say, 'It is morning,' and dismiss it with a name of yesterday. See it for the first time as a newborn child that has no name.
v Don't limit a child to your own learning, for he was born in another time.
v Emancipation from the bondage of the soil is no freedom for the tree.
v Every child comes with the message that God is not yet discouraged of man.
v Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on.
v Everything comes to us that belong to us if we create the capacity to receive it.
v Facts are many, but the truth is one.
v Faith is the bird that feels the light when the dawn is still dark.
v From the solemn gloom of the temple children run out to sit in the dust, God watches them play and forgets the priest.
v Gray hairs are signs of wisdom if you hold your tongue, speak and they are but hairs, as in the young.
v He who is too busy doing well finds no time to be good.
v I have become my own version of an optimist. If I can't make it through one door, I'll go through another door - or I'll make a door. Something terrific will come no matter how dark the present.

v We come nearest to the great when we are great in humility.
v Faith is the bird that sings when the dawn is still dark.
v God seeks comrades and claims love; the Devil seeks slaves and claims obedience.

v The greed of gain has no time or limit to its capaciousness. Its one object is to produce and consume. It has pity neither for beautiful nature nor for living human beings. It is ruthlessly ready without a moment's hesitation to crush beauty and life out of them, molding them into money.

v In the dualism of death and life there is a harmony. We know that the life of a soul, which is finite in its expression and infinite in its principle, must go through the portals of death in its journey to realize the infinite. It is death which is m

v Trees are the earth's endless effort to speak to the listening heaven.

v God respects me when I work; but God loves me when I sing.

v Only in love are unity and duality not in conflict.

v This is the ultimate end of man, to find the One which is in him; which is his truth, which is his soul;
v the key with which he opens the gate of the spiritual life, the heavenly kingdom.

v Depth of friendship does not depend on length of acquaintance.

v Every child comes with the message that God is not yet discouraged of
man.

v Love's gift cannot be given, it waits to be accepted.

v God waits to win back his own flowers as gifts from man's hands.

v Faith is the bird that feels the light and sings when the dawn is still dark.

v I slept and dreamt that life was joy. I awoke and saw that life was service. I acted and behold, service was joy.




“The song I came to sing 
remains unsung to this day. 
I have spent my days in stringing 
and in unstringing my instrument. 

The time has not come true, 
the words have not been rightly set; 
only there is the agony 
of wishing in my heart . . .” 

That I want thee, only thee---let my heart repeat without end. 
All desires that distract me, day and night, 
are false and empty to the core. 

As the night keeps hidden in its gloom the petition for light, 
even thus in the depth of my unconsciousness rings the cry 
---`I want thee, only thee'. 

As the storm still seeks its end in peace 
when it strikes against peace with all its might, 
even thus my rebellion strikes against thy love 
and still its cry is 
---`I want thee, only thee'.” 


“On the seashore of endless worlds children meet.

The infinite sky is motionless overhead and the restless water is boisterous. On the seashore of endless worlds the children meet with shouts and dances.

They build their houses with sand, and they play with empty shells. With withered leaves they weave their boats and smilingly float them on the vast deep. Children have their play on the seashore of worlds.

They know not how to swim, they know not how to cast nets. Pearl-fishers dive for pearls, merchants sail in their ships, while children gather pebbles and scatter them again. They seek not for hidden treasures, they know not how to cast nets.

The sea surges up with laughter, and pale gleams the smile of the sea-beach. Death-dealing waves sing meaningless ballads to the children, even like a mother while rocking her baby’s cradle. The sea plays with children, and pale gleams the smile of the sea-beach.

On the seashore of endless worlds children meet. Tempest roams in the pathless sky, ships are wrecked in the trackless water, death is abroad and children play. On the seashore of endless worlds is the great meeting of children.”

“Where the mind is without fear
and the head is held high,
where knowledge is free.
Where the world has not been broken up into fragments by narrow domestic walls.
Where words come out from the depth of truth,
where tireless striving stretches its arms toward perfection.
Where the clear stream of reason has not lost it's way
into the dreary desert sand of dead habit.
Where the mind is led forward by thee
into ever widening thought and action.
In to that heaven of freedom, my father,
LET MY COUNTRY AWAKE!” 

“Power said to the world,
"You are mine."
The world kept it prisoner on her throne.
Love said to the world, "I am thine."
The world gave it the freedom of her house.” 

Love adorns itself;
it seeks to prove inward joy by outward beauty.
Love does not claim possession,
but gives freedom.
Love is an endless mystery,
for it has nothing else to explain it.
Love's gift cannot be given,
it waits to be accepted.” 

“Children are living beings - more living than grown-up people who have built shells of habit around themselves. Therefore it is absolutely necessary for their mental health and development that they should not have mere schools for their lessons, but a world whose guiding spirit is personal love.”

“The same stream of life that runs through my veins night and day runs through the world and dances in rhythmic measures. It is the same life that shoots in joy through the dust of the earth in numberless blades of grass and breaks into tumultuous waves of leaves and flowers.” 

“Those who are near me do not know that you are nearer to me than they are
Those who speak to me do not know that my heart is full with your unspoken words
Those who crowd in my path do not know that I am walking alone with you
Those who love me do not know that their love brings you to my heart” 

No comments:

Post a Comment